Thursday, May 10, 2012

Final Post: A Reflection


This is my final blog post for my food blog! I've just posted my two essays that have been an accumulative of my blog posts I've done over these past months. From this whole experience of creating a blog, I've gained a lot of researching, formatting, and overall writing skills that will shape the way I write for the future. Having a blog for an English class is  a great concept that encourages creativity and interest in the subject we are learning about because it is in the public eye. We created something for people to see and I found that this really pushed me to create a blog that I put forth a lot of effort to make presentable. Aside from encouraging enthusiasm for writing and creativity I was particularly interested in the our main topic covered in class, Food. While my final essay, "Assimilation into the American Identity" is just developed from a novel we read about food in our class book clubs (Stealing Buddha's Dinner), and deals with larger cultural concepts, I  also learned a great deal about the food I'm eating everyday, shown especially in my first essay "The Fast Food Epidemic." I now am conscience of everything that I eat even though a lot of those things are still bad. The more I learn about food the closer I will be to becoming a healthier person, so as you can imagine I appreciated this class and overall experience highly. And remember, It's food. We all eat it.

No comments:

Post a Comment